How to delete Windows MediaCenter database
Important! By deleting MediaCenter database you will loose all your TV-related settings in Windows MediaCenter - e.g. tuners, channels, EPG, scheduled recordings, information about recorded content etc. Make sure that you understand this before proceeding!
This is undocumented feature so you are doing it on your own risk.
Windows MediaCenter keeps information about all its tuners, channels, recording, EPG etc. in a single database file. The good thing about this is that it’s fairly easy to reset Media Center to a nearly original state simply by removing this file.
To remove this file, follow these steps:
- Boot Windows in Safe mode
- Browse to the following folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome
- Rename the file mcepg1-X.db to mcepg1-X.backup.db
- Note: X is a random number
- Boot Windows in Normal mode
- Start Media Center
That’s it. You should now have to perform MediaCenter TV Setup as if you have just installed Windows.